Re: Pending packages status

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 02:59:29PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>>FWIW, I think the practice of naming the initial releases -1 is related to
>>the absense of release notes for packages in setup.  If there were a way
>>to access the release notes (or the announcement, which should amount to
>>the same thing), it wouldn't matter what the release number is.  This is
>>more than just a "so patch setup" issue, since there is no connection
>>currently between upset/setup and the announcements.
>
>Well, that's a whole 'nother issue.  I have some ideas, but they involve
>upset changes AND setup changes AND automated monitoring of
>cygwin-announce.  Icky stuff which I have no intention of coding, so
>I'll just shut up now.

I'd *love* to be able to have setup.exe pull up some kind of more descriptive
text (beyond ldesc) about the stuff it's installing.  And, I'd love for setup.exe
to be able to pull up the release notes when it was done installing.

It seems like a nice idea to me.  Why won't someone help me?  Surely
this is a good idea! I'd do it myself but I don't know how to type and I
don't have a computer.  You have to remember that not everyone with good
ideas has access to a computer.  It seems like sometimes you gurus forget
these simple things.

cgf