Re: ntsec patch for setup

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

> I've built setup from 200206 with ntsec patch as backported by Pavel. I ran
> into other problems:
>
> 1) I had to merge these fixes, which enable building of setup with gcc-2.
> cvs upd -kk -j2.22 -j2.23 Makefile.am
> cvs upd -kk -j2.84 -j2.85 Makefile.in
> cvs upd -kk -j1.5 -j1.6 libgetopt++/Makefile.am
>
> They are to do with erroneous inclusion of -lstdc++ (which is of course
> gcc3's now)

Yep! I patched this manually on my box.

> 2) gcc2 (not g++2) chokes on some lines in /usr/include/mingw/string.h. I
> had to patch as below, adding prototypes before the functions declared
> inline.

There are also some complaints about autoload.c. Will see what I can do.

> I propose to commit the backported ntsec patch and gcc-2 fixes when I
> return, in about 2 hours.
>
> I see Pavel has just sent in a passwd-grp.bat removal patch just now. I'll
> apply that once it gets the OK from Robert.

I also propose this patch to be backported to the 200206 branch. It helps
in cases where one does a new install and install a lot of packages.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/setup/compress_gz.cc.diff?r1=2.5&r2=2.6&cvsroot=cygwin-apps