Re: pdksh package proposal (AT&T ksh93 info)

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

Yes, please do considier using the "real" thing. David Korn has, on numerous instances, pointed out that pdksh does not fully comply with Korn Shell standards, and thus may not be fully compatible. As you'll note from the change logs on the website, he's done much work recently to get it to work properly within Cygwin's framework. I think it should be a considieration for the Korn purists out there :-). Any volunteers?

Doctor Korn has also been superb at ksh support. The guys who work on the ast package are *really* good about rolling patches in and finding and fixing bugs.

The build script I have takes the source packages distributed by AT&T
and does the build.  There's no interaction required -- you just have
to fix whatever goes wrong as the various Cygwin packages change over time.
--
Joe Buehler