Re: Setup.exe: misbehaviour with non-standard DPI (aka no scroll bar)

Hugh Greene wrote:
> On Thursday 2003-01-16, maxb@ukf.net wrote:
>> Hugh Greene wrote:
>>> FWIW, I reported the problem recently, on Win2K SP2 with my display
>>> at 144dpi.  (I've now switched to 120dpi as I'm fed up with this
>>> problem appearing on various applications -- not just Cygwin's
>>> fault!)
>>
>> The interesting thing is that setup's UI is entirely defined in
>> terms of dialog template (which is why it is not resizable). Now, MS
>> say "Most dialog boxes are laid out using dialog units, which scale
>> with the system DPI. However, custom layout logic usually needs to
>> be revisited." Except setup doesn't *have* any custom layout logic -
>> just dialog units. Hence I suspect its MS's bug.
>
> You may well be right; another thought, though: the dialog itself may
> not have any custom layout but could the main widget/control, with
> the hierarchical multi-column list, be calculating *its* size
> incorrectly, and "pushing" the scrollbar out of the way, or something
> like that?

Good thought, but no. I've tested reducing the size of the control in the
dialog resource, and it works.
Also, this behaviour is also seen on every control. Another place where it
is easily visible is the "Cygwin root" page, with boring ordinary
groupboxes.

Max.