Re: profile package

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 12:59:34PM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:

>> >ack :)
>> >
>> >requires: cygwin
>>
>> I don't see any reason for this to require cygwin.  There are no programs
>> there.
>>

>There would be no point in downloading this file by itself.  Therefore,
>a dependency to cygwin should be mandatory.

That's not how dependencies work.  If I need a crutch because I broke my leg,
I depend on the crutch.  The crutch doesn't depend on me.  It's perfectly
happy lying on the ground.

In this case it isn't "cygwin" that would be required in your scenario anyway.
It would be any program that uses the files in the package.

This file should probably be in the Base category and any package which needs
the files that it provides should be changed to rely on this new package.

cgf