Re: Setup 2.218.2.6 [Was: Re: Setup 2.218.2.4] (new version uploaded)

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:07:53PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

Having a setup.ini at the "root" of the locally installed directory seemed
to cause one problem.  Then, once setup had an error then the same error was
reported for every setup.ini parsed.

Including '\n' in the error condition in the parser also seemed to make
the parser get out of sync, causing the cascading errors that people
were reporting.

>I notice that you've increased the stack size for the parser - this
>shouldn't have been needed with the right hand recursion removed. Did
>you observe continued overflows or was this preventative?

My erroneous setup.ini had a requires line which depended on *a lot* of
packages and it caused yacc to have a stack overflow.  It took me a couple
of hours to realize that the stack overflow was entirely due to my stupid
setup.ini and not to any code changes that I was making.

It seemed like a win to just increase the stack size.  I don't know why
it isn't getting increased automatically, though.  From inspecting the
code, it seems like it should have been.

cgf