RE: ITP: netpbm

My experience - on ntfs ... i have a directory of approx 10thousand 5 minute
log files of me playing telnet based muds ... *snicker*
i can grep them all (each about 10-20k) in a few minutes ... (9 grep
commands because command line expansion limitations :P) - really preformance
drop is not that noticible.  Except in one area.
cd'ing to the directory in the first place - can take a minute or more,
subsequent cd's are fast, but it seems like its caching all the filenames in
the directory for faster access.

Anyway ... theres a 'pseudo-data-point'

Regards,
Gareth