Re: moratorium on new setup.exe features, please?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 09:58:31AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>Can we concentrate on releasing a new version of setup.exe, please?
>
>I'd like to eliminate the confusion that the current version of setup.exe
>is causing.  It seems like we are in a standard "add one more thing" mode
>when people are experiencing real problems and real confusion with the
>currently released setup.exe.
>
>The only thing that I really wanted for the next release was clickable
>categories.  We have quite a bit more than that so I assume there will
>be additional unforeseen headaches coming.  This is standard when you
>add new features.  The more features you add, the more headaches you'll
>get.
>
>So, lets just concentrate on getting something out the door which solves
>the known issues.  The biggest known issue right now is the "How do I
>install everything?"

Btw, I hope this isn't taken as a criticism of the current state of
setup.exe.  There are obviously a lot of wonderful improvements in it.

I'm just getting the same uneasy feeling that I get when I've gone too
long without a cygwin release.  I *know* that there is some major issue
that will cause a 20% increase in mailing list traffic just lurking in
the code somewhere.

cgf