Re: [FYI] file conflicts in recent cygwin packages (see syscheck.log)

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 11:25:50PM +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
>> This is wrong. It's up to the package maintainer to choose .tar.gz or
>> .tar.bz2, and if the package is going to be changed the cygwin version
>> suffix MUST be bumped.
>
>is this defined such a way in /setup.html?! I would suggest .bz2
>because of compression performance.

Just a clarification:  New packages should be using .bz2 compression.
We've already discussed whether to change all of the existing packages
and everyone agreed that it didn't make any sense to do so.

This is implied by the setup.html page but I've just added some stronger
language to that effect.

cgf