Re: next porting question for gcj

----- Original Message -----
From: "DJ Delorie" <dj@delorie.com>
To: <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <cygwin-apps@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: next porting question for gcj

> GCC supports alloca directly.  You shouldn't need any includes.

I assume you guys haven't looked into gcj and libjava - if you have
please feel free to correct me (I'm only looking into this as a followup
from Chris's comment last month).
There's no alloca in the standard cygwin includes, in winsup.h there's
#define alloca __builtin_alloca.

this errror is occuring during the make bootstrap process. AFAIK only
the gcc headers are used (I'm using the cvs GCC 3 branch).

I've done some debug tracking and patched gcj to apparently work
correctly under cygwin. libjava just seems to have some header issues.

Would inserting  the __builtin_alloca define be a reasonable workaround?
(__CYGWIN__ protected of course).

Rob