Re: rsync cygwin port request

On Wednesday 24 Jan 01, Mumit Khan writes:
> I do see an issue with rsync claiming read error when it's done, but
> haven't had a chance to look if it's a real error or false alarm yet.

This has persisted in rsync for a while now, on many platforms.  It's
a mystery, but nobody seems overly concerned about it (last I
checked).  It certainly has nothing to do with Cygwin.

One should certainly avoid old versions of rsync, which might be what
you get if you find a binary somewhere.  It was only in the last year
or so that they fixed line endings in binary files for Cygwin builds.
(Sorry, I forget the exact version this was fixed.)

Cheers,
David