Re: [s.prescott@chem.usyd.edu.au: man.config]

On Wednesday 7 Jun 00, Chris Faylor writes:
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 07:45:20AM +0100, David Starks-Browning wrote:
> >On Tuesday 6 Jun 00, Chris Faylor writes:
> >> Can anyone verify if this is true?  Does man not work "out of the box"?
> >
> >It works fine for me, too.  I've already written to this guy asking
> >for more details, I'll forward them if I get any useful information.
>
> Thanks!
>
> cgf

It turns out this was user error, not a problem with Cygwin.  He had
umount-ed /usr/lib immediately after installing Cygwin, because it
'seemed a little odd' to him.  So of course man didn't work.

I was thoroughly confused by his explanation in the email I cc'd to
this list.  I thought he had *fixed* the problem by umount-ing
/usr/lib, which of course made no sense to me at all!

Sheesh.  Glad that's sorted.

David