cross glibc is built for wrong architecture

Hello, I have a problem building cross toolchain for i486 based system. I set x86 i486 architecture to the target options and add --with-cpu=i486 to glibc options in menuconfig. However according to glibc config.log only main configure script is called with --with-cpu=i486 parameter, other configure scripts are called with i686 arch. config.log is attached. This results in SIGILL in threaded application since libpthread is using unsupported cpuid.