Re: [crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng] bc9ed3: Adds Raspberry Pi 3 sample config

Hello Mike,

> On Mar 2, 2016, at 3:51 PM, Mike Ray <mike@raspberryvi.org> wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> I have used this sample to build a toolchain.
>
> However I get 32-bit executables and the '-m64' switch is not recognized.

Sometimes, I expect that when people open pull-requests that they actually test what they submit and I donât have to do any work.

Today I failed at that. Yeay!

Arm64/aarch64 is kind of a new thing in crosstool-NG, and isnât well supported.

I took the pull-request for the sample without looking at the specs for the new raspberry pi 3. I had no clue it was 64-bit.

Looks like I will have to take some time and get this going.

> There is obviously a gap in my knowledge which I can't seem to find an
> answer for on Google.
>
> Can I compile a 64-bit executable?  If so, how?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Mike

Thanks for reporting this issue!

https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng/issues/361