From: Reinoud Koornstra
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:47 AM
To: Zvi Vered
Cc: crossgcc@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: crosstool-ng 1.18.0 for x86_64 : No init found

On Feb 15, 2016 7:35 PM, "Zvi Vered" <veredz72@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I created an x86_64 toolchain for linux  3.4.38

Same procedure was used to create an x86 toolchain.

When I lanuched the kernel (compile with ARCH=x86_64) I got:

Kernel Panic - not syncing: No init found

Busybox was compiled without ARCH.

What can cause this problem ?

It can be multiple things, problem with the filesystem, it can also be that the initramfs wasn't created correctly. Missing symlink is also possible.

Without more info it's impossible to say. If you create the kernel for x86_64 you should create userland binaries and busybox for x86_64 as well.

Best regards,
Z.V