Re: [RFC] Refactor autoconf options and build scripts

Jasmin, Jean-Marie,

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Jasmin J. <jasmin@anw.at> wrote:
> Jean-Marie,
>
> thanks for continuing my work!
>
>> Conclusion, doing serial build is space consuming ... :-) So we have
>> to add some `rm` between each builds.
>>
>> I also tried to do parallel builds:
>> https://travis-ci.org/jmlemetayer/crosstool-ng/builds/80447510
> It seems the parallel build doesn't need a "rm", because each build has
> its own disk space and time limit.
>
> May I suggest, that you add a "cat .config" before the "./ct-ng build.2",
> so that we can see what was really built.

Technically, the .config is in the first 100-ish lines of the build.log
Not sure that having it in the logs twice would be helpful.

> In case of an error, it would maybe help to print the last 1000 lines of
> "build.log". I guess this needs to be handled in an inline shell script,
> if travis-ci does not execute further commands after a non 0 return value.

We also could add the various CT_LOG_* options to be able to be passed
to ct-ng, so for instance you could do:

ct-ng <sample>
CT_LOG_DEBUG=y CT_LOG_LEVEL_MAX="DEBUG" ct-ng build.2