crosstool-NG toolchain and buildroot gcc 4.4, g++ and uClibc

Hi list,

For some time now, I am trying to build a custom linux that has some tight requirements for use on x86 and ARM. The requirements I have to meet are the following:

gcc 4.4 (4.4.7)
uClibc (0.9.33.2 does not need this version, I just have to use uClibc...)
g++ (no specified version but I need it)
linux-3.4.11

Since I'm doing this for some weeks now, I have gained some insight. I'm building for x86 right now. Things I found out are:

1)      I can build a functioning system using buildroot (2013.05 because of gcc 4.4) alone, but then there is no g++ compiler present in the toolchain. I use Qemu to test the resulting bzImage and rootfs.

2)      Compiling a toolchain with crosstool-NG works so far (which is very nice) and I can use the toolchain in buildroot and I get a kernel and rootfs. The problem is, if I boot the resulting image with Qemu, I get a segmentation fault in uClibc and I absolutely don't know where to search for a solution. I already tried the buildroot config for uClibc, the uClibc.config from the original crosstool-NG sample (I derived from i586-geode-linux-uclibc) but nothing seems to work.

3)      The error I get follows after the kernel is loaded and the init process would start. It says:

init[1]: segfault at b77f8f3c ip b7719da4 sp bffd8748 error 4 in libuClibc-0.9.33.2.so[b7706000+88000]
kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=3D0x0000000b

4)      I am using Qemu version 2.0.0 on a CentOS 7 installation

5)      The crosstool-NG version is 1.20.0

I don't know, if this list is the right place to ask, but since the buildroot process works and the uClibc built with crosstool-NG won't, I thought I ask you first.

Attached you find all the config files aI am using

I hope someone on this list has an idea how to solve this problem and I'm greateful to any suggestions ;-)

Best,
Martin

This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: MAIL DISCLAIMER<http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer>