Announce: new maintainer

Hello All!

TL;DR:
Starting now, Bryan Hundven is the new maintainer for crosstool-NG.

In the past 9 years I've been developping and maintaining crosstool-NG,
I have had the opportunity to share a lot of ideas and code with a lot
of you; I even had the opportunity to meet some of you in person.

That has been a wonderful adventure for me, and the first Free Software
project I was really involved with. It was something very much different
from my previous scarce contributions to a few other Free Software
projects, and I learned a lot.

But for quite some time now, I've been less and less active, to the
point of not even looking at contributions. That is bad, very bad from
me. If nothing else, that is at least the sign that something has broken
on my side. To say it bluntly, I'm no longer as much interested in
crosstool-NG as I used to be at the start. The Holy Fire is no longer
but mere sparks in a stash of cold ash.

This is the time I pass the torch on to someone else.

Letting go of something is not easy, even more so when a lot of time was
invested, like I did in crosstool-NG. I needed to find someone I would
trust with crosstool-NG like I would trust him with my house.

Bryan has been pretty active in crosstool-NG over the past years, and he
has contributed a lot of usefull patches, answered questions on the list
and overall has demonstrated a real interest about crosstool-NG and
keeping it alive and well.

I am thus very happy to accept his offer of helping with the maintenance
of the project. I am confident he will continue to make crosstool-NG a
relevant and user-friendly solution to build reliable cross toolchains.

I won't completely retire for now, if at least to assist Bryan in taking
over the server, and maybe I'll be better at being a simple contributor.

I wish Bryan all the best for his new responsibilities as maintainer,
and I want to thank him for all his contributions to the project and his
patience in the past months. Thank you, Bryan! :-)

I would also like to thank Dan Kegel for his astonishing work on the
original crosstool, on which crosstool-NG was initially based.

Last but not least, I would also like to thank all of you, contributing
code, helping on the mailing list and IRC, suggesting enhancements and
reporting bugs and providing feedback. I liked every part of it. :-)

Bryan, you're in command now. Take us to warp! :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.