Re: Cross compiling GNAT

On 1/26/2013 9:02 AM, Chris J. Breisch wrote:

I'm trying to create a GCC cross compiler with Ada support. I know that to do so that I need to be running the same version of GCC on the host that I am building for the target. And I do have Ada support on the host. I have successfully built and used a GCC cross compiler without Ada, so I know that my environment is configured properly.

However, when attempting to add in Ada, I get the following errors while building xsnamest:

error: "ada.ali" not found, "ada.ads" must be compiled
error: "ada.ali" not found, "ada.ads" must be compiled
error: "a-except.ali" not found, "a-except.adb" must be compiled
error: "a-except.ali" not found, "a-except.adb" must be compiled

After further research, I have discovered that this was due to a problem with my install of gcc-4.6.3, and unrelated to cross-compiling. It was unable to even re-build itself natively. I have dropped back to my installation of 4.5.3, which is known to be working, and progressed past this point.

--

Chris J. Breisch<http://www.sports-gazer.com>