Re: Alpha Cross compiler

Hi!

On Wed, 2013-01-23 13:34:16 -0500, Mahshid Sedghi <mahshid.sedghy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build alpha binaries for a MapReduce framework for
> multi-cores called Phoenix++. Phoenix++ is a multi-threaded
> application and supports atomic operations like test_and_set and
> fetch_and_inc. In fact, these are the operations that are implemented
> as inline assembly code.

A link to the sources would have been helpful. I guess it's this
project:

	http://mapreduce.stanford.edu/

with the sources being

	http://mapreduce.stanford.edu/plus/phoenix++-1.0.tar.gz

?

If that's your input, how did you ever reach the assembler error? If I
read the sources correctly, along with your description, only x86_64
and SparcV9 are supported ISAs wrt. their atomic.h.  That is, anything
else (ie. Alpha) should have run in an #error...  Other than that,
there's the libatomic_ops project which will probably provide you with
readily-useable functions. I guess it's not a lot of work to change
Phoenix++ to use it.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw@lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
  Signature of:                           Wenn ich wach bin, trÃume ich.