Re: Alpha Cross compiler

On Wed, 2013-01-16 19:20:22 -0500, Mahshid Sedghi <mahshid.sedghy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using an Alpha cross compiler by gem5 website built using
> crosstool, and this is the version:  gcc-4.3.2, glibc-2.6.1
> (NPTL,x86/64).
> I was able to compile simple codes using it successfully, but when I
> try to compile my larger applications, I am getting assembly errors as
> below:
>
> /tmp/ccuZ74Tx.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccuZ74Tx.s:38: Error: unknown opcode `movl'
> /tmp/ccuZ74Tx.s:39: Error: syntax error
>
> Do you have any idea what the problem is and how it can be fixed?

Please show a longer dump of the make trail, including eg. all the
command line options used. You'd probably add a "-v" to CFLAGS. My
guess is that somewhere, the cross-targeted compiler chooses to run a
i686 assembler or something like that.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw@lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:             God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of