Re: Windows 64 bits support

Yann, All,

[Damn it, are we going to a Yann-dominated world? ;-)]

On Tuesday 23 October 2012 Diorcet Yann wrote:
> I have quickly(but working) made patchs for support x86_64 for win32
> using mingw32-w64 project.
>
> I'am successfully cross compile a 64 bits application using directx
> (awesome).
>
> I don't know very well crosstool-ng (i use mingw32 as base) maybe some
> things are ugly ...

Thank you for your patches!

However, here are some comments:
  - do not attach the patches; use 'hg send-email' to send your patches,
    they will be properly in-lined in the message body, so they are easier
    to review;
  - send a single changeset that adds all the necessary files at once, even
    the new sample: if only part of the files are present in a changeset,
    that makes this changeset unbuildable;
  - you need to add your Signed-off-by to your patch; see the documetnation:
    "docs/7 - Contributing to crosstool-NG.txt".

There is a step-by-step tutorial in "docs/C - Misc. tutorials.txt", section
titled "Using Mercurial to hack crosstool-NG".

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.