Re: CT-NG 1.16.0: CONFIG_SHELL '' is not valid

Philipp, All,

On Sunday 05 August 2012 18:48:09 Philipp Burch wrote:
> Thanks for the hint, this was indeed the problem. The copy procedure was
> working up to 1.15.3, so I wasn't aware that I should do it a different way.

The copy-procedure was never documented, because it never was the way to do
it; incindentally, it was only happenstance that it did work at all. The
only documented way of using samples has always been to call ct-ng with the
sample name.

There is the documentation (in docs/), the man page (man ct-ng) and the
in-line help (ct-ng help). None of them instructs to copy the sample config,
but all do say to call ct-ng with the sample name.

I know that there are some 'blog-posts' here-and-there that instruct to copy
the sample config, but they are wrong.

Sometimes, I wonder if writing documentation is really that important... ;-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.