Re: canadian build

Thomas, Yann, All,

Thomas, Tobias, All

On Thursday 08 March 2012 10:47:26 Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
Le Wed, 7 Mar 2012 20:01:04 +0100 (CET),
"Tobias Arp"<tobiasarp@web.de>  a Ãcrit :

Build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
Host=i586-pc-linux-gnu
Target=arm
Just curious: do you really need to use the canadian mechanism to build
such a toolchain? If it's just a matter of having i586 binaries instead
of i686 binaries, isn't it simpler to just pass -march=i586 to the
CFLAGS used when building the host utilities, and therefore do a normal
cross-compiler? Or maybe I'm missing something?
You are right, but Yann got the point. Its a different system.
It might probably be a completely different system (eg a different libc
version, or even a different libc, and so on...). A tuple is not really
enough to differentiate any two systems.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

But we can close this thread with your help i found my problem... it was a typo in my script...

Thanks to all who helped me.

Tobias