Re: Using crosstool-ng on OpenBSD

Renaud, All,

On Monday 23 January 2012 18:50:24 Renaud Allard wrote:
> On 23/01/12 18:39, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> > That's been fixed upstream by this changeset:
> >      http://crosstool-ng.org/hg/crosstool-ng/file/188d58cfe7cf/scripts/functions#l767

That was also available for download from the fixes directory:
    http://crosstool-ng.org/download/crosstool-ng/01-fixes/1.13.2/

> While somewhat patching ct-ng to make it build with the latest release,
> I also noticed that flag -v is used in ln and cp, which is not supported
> either on OpenBSD. AFAIK, there is unfortunately no replacement for that
> flag.
> Also "cp -a" is also used, which doesn't work either, but here there is
> a trivial way to replace it, "cp -rp". I don't know of the implications
> of using -rp instead or -a on non linux/BSD platforms.

OK, -r is not even in POSIX, while -R is. Can you check that BSD's cp
does handle the -pR combination? If so, I'll chamge it.

-v missing is not too problematic either. Its only use is to make the
progress bar rotate, so as to give the user some feedback that the
process is not hung. If we remove it, the progress bar will hang for
some time during very big copies, but if that's the price to pay...

And no, BSD-likes are not the stuff I test on! ;-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.