Re: crosstool-ng 1.12.2 could not retrieve linux-3.0 tarball

On 22 Sep 2011, rioshering@gmail.com wrote:

> I previously used crosstool-ng to generate cross-compiler for ARM
> successfully.  However, it seems to me today that the locaiton of some
> tarballs have been changed.

> Could you please take a look of it?

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/11/09/03/1638248/kernelorg-attackers-didnt-know-what-they-had
http://www.kernel.org/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/31/linux_kernel_security_breach/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/06/linus_torvalds_dumps_kernel_for_github/

ad nauseum...

I think there are only two people working at kernel.org.  They are
working feverishly to bring it back on line.  So the outage should be
temporary.  You can grab kernel headers from github.  That repo is
tagged by Linus as well.

fwiw,
Bill Pringlemeir.