eglibc SYSSEG bug

I've been hitting this bug with CT-NG 1.12.1:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eglibc/+bug/672352

Target is is x86_64.. the symptoms is for example that it's impossible
to ping. It segfaults after strace shows it tried to mmap 4GB of
something. The bug report seems to show it to be related to staticaly
linked binaries..

Anyone seen that one with CT-NG ? Any fix ?

BTW I cant compile anything more recent than this with this version of
CT. Compile will fail in "Installing libc"...

Michael

CT_BINUTILS_VERSION="2.21"
CT_CC_VERSION="4.6.1"
CT_LIBC="eglibc"