Re: build = OS Lion, host = mingw32, target = arm-linux-gnueabi

Peica, All,

On Monday 29 August 2011 18:30:35 Peica wrote:
> Like the subject shown, this config file suite to this canadian build.

Thank you! :-)
But I'd like to solve the few issues you worked around before I can add
this sample to the collection:

> And I have fix up something, which i am not sure if it is make sense to others.
>
> 1) Don't use parallel_jobs more than 1, or it would break the build.

What component would break with parallel jobs?

> 2) Take care about the CT_CC_STATIC_LIBSTDCXX=y, it would be miss when
> each time I run 'ct-ng menuconfig'.

OK, I see why. The test we're doing for static linking is run on the
build machine (Lion here), while it is applicable to the host machine
(mingw32 here).

So, the test for static linking is broken for users who want to generate
canadian-crosses. Sigh... I am not sure how we should handle that...

Static linking again... Hehe! :-]

> 3) remove the --enable-watchdog from configure code at line 45 of
> script/build/companion_libs/ppl.sh

Why that? Were there a build failure of some sort?

Not that I known whether it is required or not, just inquiring why you
had to remove it, you're the first to report an issue with it...

> 4) add #include <winsock2.h> into src/gdb6.8/gdb/ser-mingw.c before
> '#include <windows.h>'.

Is that a real issue upstream? What do more recent versions look like in
this file?

> This build is based on the crosstool-ng 1.12.1 and sorry about I don't
> know how to make the patch for the maintainer.

Have a look at:
  docs/0 - Table of content.txt
  docs/7 - Contributing to crosstool-NG.txt
  docs/C - Misc. tutorials.txt

Thank you for the report! We can work in cooperation to get patches,
don't worry! :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.