Re: gdb problem

Am 19.08.2011 um 00:32 schrieb Yann E. MORIN:

> Titus, All,
>
> On Wednesday 17 August 2011 23:31:36 Titus von Boxberg wrote:
>> -static is not supported on Darwin.
>
> So -static is not supported on Darwin? So why on Earth does the ncurses from
> Macports install static versions of the libraries?
Passing -static is not equivalent to linking to an archive file.

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/ld.1.html

> Darwin really, really is a *PITA*. Sigh... Taking so nice and slick a
> kernel, and putting that much sh*t ontop of it is purely bullshit to
> me... Sorry, but I'm tired of that crap... :-(
That from someone who develops a large software collection only to work
around a really BIG pile of crap ;-) Hey, did you forget what ct-ng is
actually doing and what it's for?

Anyway:
Could writing emails past midnight be a major reason for your exhaustion,
not to speak of other abdominal problems you might currently suffer from,
or is this a final statement about portability of ct-ng?

If the former, then why not simply tackle those problems and add a fix?
Guylhem, mind to send me again your most current .config.
I'd give it a try on the weekend.

If the latter, then leave it as is.

Regards
Titus