Re: how to build gcc with '-msoft-float' for arm-lin uxâ

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 12:06 AM, æä å <lin45828842@yahoo.cn> wrote:

> hi!
> I have problem with making "soft floating point" version of "ARM-LINUX"
> cross-compiler.
> I don't know if use the libgcc.a or other float lib, and how to configure
> gcc and glibc.
> Sorry, i am a new here, please help me or show me the website where i can
> find the answer.
> Thanks in advance.

I really don't like it when people email me directly, that I don't
know, about a topic that could be better answered on a mailing list.

Beyond that, please read (as reading is fundamental):

http://crosstool-ng.org/

Download the latest release
http://crosstool-ng.org/download/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng-1.11.3.tar.bz2

and read the documentation in the 'docs' directory.

If you have other problems, please email this list: crossgcc < at >
sourceware.org     (obviously replacing < at > with @)
Please describe your problems in DETAIL, and if I happen to know the
answer, I will respond.
Otherwise, any of these other kind people will be happy to help!

-Bryan