Re: Final toolchain dir

On 03/26/2011 02:24 AM, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
Yes, this is done on purpose.

The goal is to render the whole toolchain read-only, and especially the
sysroot of the toolchain, to avoid poluting the sysroot with alian stuff
from other packages.

Once the toolchain is built, nothing, really nothing should be added to
it, and especially the sysroot should not be modified.

Hi Yann

Your comments sound reasonable, but i am one that usually populates the sysroot with other stuff (maybe my bad).

Because i am always open to learn what is then your suggestion to avoid sysroot population in an use case like the following:

I maintain the toolchains inside my company for a group of developers/customers which needs for example build QT graphic apps, or anything which links to zlib, etc...

So i keep building those QT, zlib, libraries and installing them *inside* the sysroot, so later customers can use the toolchain to build QT apps.

Where should i install those 3rd party libraries instead of the sysroot them? Any suggestion on how to solve this without polluting the sysroot.

--
Javier Viguera
Software Engineer

Direct: +34 941 270060
Fax: +34 941 237770
Email: javier.viguera@digi.com

www.digi.com
Milicias 13-Bajo
26003 Logroño (Spain)
Directors: Dieter Vesper, Brenda Mueller