Re: CT_DoExecLog error during GCC build

Milan, Arnaud, All,

On Thursday 05 August 2010 17:15:47 Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:00 AM, milan radulovic
> <radulovic_milan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > ?Since you mentioned that problem might be in top level
> > ?./configure, I would like to tell that I copied the
> > ?crosstool.config file from
> > ?/opt/crosstool-ng-me/lib/ct-ng-1.8.0/samples/mips-unknown-linux-uclibc
> > ?to .config file in /tmp/mips-cross-build ?directory.

Although this _may_ work, the proper way to use an existing sample is
to use ct-ng with the name of the sample, such as:

# ct-ng mips-unknown-linux-uclibc

> targets/mips-unknown-linux-uclibc/build/build-cc/config.log
> and looks for the exact error encountered by the script ?

In fact, the build is failing in the sub-step "Building final gcc", so
I presume that the top-level config.log is OK, but that the error happens
in a sub-dir, eg. libgomp, libmudflap or some such.

Milan, you have to look in the complete build.log file to see what sub-dir
it is failing in, and then look in the config.log file in there to see why
it is failing.

Also, if you paste the _complete_ log file to some pastebin, we can have
a look and direct you in a more precise way.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.