Re: toolchain's sysroot via environment

Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Thursday, July 15, 2010 20:08:04 Arno Schuring wrote:
Regarding your first question: that's not possible - the sysroot paths
are compiled-in. If it were just the paths, if would not be much of a
problem - but the toolchain components (compiler, linker) are also
compiled differently based on the libraries available in the sysroot.

the *default* sysroot paths are compiled in, but you can change it on the command line on the fly

This relates to a problem of mine that was solved here a week or so ago. One of the *default* paths was to a directory for which the user (of the cross compiler) had no read access ($HOME of the toolchain builder). The result was that the compiler bombed. Is there a way of *removing* a path from a tool's list of places to find it's stuff? When you say 'you can change it on the command line', does the meaning of 'change' only include adding paths?

I know, I could probably look this stuff up, but to me, there is something I call a bug in the toolchain (not CT-NG), and I think some discussion is warranted. If it can be shown that there isn't a work-around, and it isn't documented behavior, then it seems like something that could be submitted as a bug report.

--- rod.