Re: 1) EABI version 0 (apcs-gnu) 2) uClibc Library problems

On 6/6/10, Friday Nick <fridaynick@gmail.com> wrote:
>  1) How is it possible to configure toolchain to generate
>  apcs-compatible binaries instead of default aapcs (EABI version 4)?
>  (is it possible at all?). The problem is that i have to link my
>  application with an existing library, which was compiled as EABI
>  version 0, and firmwared on the device. I've run through google, but
>  all i found was "ask a vendor of a newly EABI version 4 (AAPCS)
>  library".

You can generate either ABI with any GNU ARM toolchain, but by default
one configured as
arm-linux-gnueabi will use AAPCS/EABI-4 while one configured as
arm-linux-gnu will use APCS (which I presume is EABI version 0). See
wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort for more details and for
gcc/binutils-specific flags, at the sections "Terminology" and "GCC
view".