Re: crunchy ICE

On 05/04/10 09:58, Martin Guy wrote:
Am I making some careless mistake , or is ARM crunch still no ready to use?

Works perfectly. I built gnuplot to check whether you had found a bug in my stuff and it's fine.

Now please stop insulting me and treating me like your servant.
You puonish me for having been generous and kind to you, and I regret it.

Hi all,

some progress but still not too good on maverick crunch.

I have applied the patches found here, in the order shown in series.txt.
http://martinwguy.co.uk/martin/crunch/

They all apply cleanly after letting ct-ng 1.7.0 get the source and applies it's patchset. Clean, without any fuzz, and I have a newly built maverick toolchain. This encouraged me to press ahead with a system rebuild.

Having rebuilt the entire system and booted by via nfs I tested the major fp intensive program I'm using gnuplot. I get a seg fault on the code and data that I have working on non maverick builds with the same kernel.

Digging into it a bit I find gnuplot is producing some pretty odd maths:

gnuplot> print log(1)

-5.51218129652977e+178

gnuplot> print log(10)

-1.12247324422731e-113

gnuplot> print asin(1)

5.29980882362664e-315

gnuplot> print cos(0)

5.29980882362664e-315

gnuplot> print sin(0)

0.0

Martin says he built gnuplot but not that he tested it.

Has anyone else produced a build that will work on this dodgy Cirrus silicon ? Martin seems to have run some pretty thorough tests so it's odd I'm getting such spurious results.

Thanks for any input.