statically linked replacement for cygpath - anyone got such a beast?

I have a new challenge that is related to cross building and the 'best' solution I have is cygpath. However, we aren't shipping cygwin (not a subject for discussion), it will be MinGW.  So, the challenge that I have is a replacement for cygpath in all its value (or at least -m, -w, and -u options).

It appears that there is no option to build a statically linked cygpath (I can't even build the cygwin base and utils from the download received from cygwin.com/setup.exe < == > http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/cygwin/ (mirror))

Anyone got a replacement written in non-perl, non-python (aka script or compiled language like C)?

Thanks in advanced.

/f