Re: [crosstool-ng] How to create a RPM of a toolchain

Hi Oron,

Just curious ...
as Yann mentioned ("The toolchain is intended to be a single entity
that is not splitable.") the toolchain build process is all done in one step.
The question is whether to split the RPM into several RPMs or not?
I guess there is no good and bad answer.
However splitting RPMs could be dangerous: your toolchain may break if you update one subcomponent and keep the older subcomponents (libraries interact with each other). What do you think? Do you usually update few components or all of them?

I will probably go with one RPM to be on the safer side.

Laurent