Re: 32-bit versus 64-bit android toolchain?

Le Thu, 21 May 2009 07:07:37 -0400 (EDT),
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@crashcourse.ca> a Ãcrit :

> which tells me that the toolchain is not relocatable.  which is kind
> of annoying.  surely it's not hard to create relocatable toolchains
> these days, is it?  in any event, once i moved it to /opt, i got a
> successful compile of "hi, world".

Starting with gcc 4.x, toolchains can support the "sysroot"
functionnality (this is optional). It allows to change the installation
location of the toolchain, but if you do change this installation
location, then you must pass a --sysroot option pointing to the
directory where the toolchain is installed. So toolchains based on gcc
4.x compiled with sysroot support are relocatable, but it requires some
explicit flag passed by the user.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons