Re: error processing 220-noteGNUstack-01.patch

Yann E. MORIN wrote:
Hello!

Please, keep the mailing list copied when you answer.

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 21:42:32 ng@piments.com wrote:
Yann E. MORIN wrote:
Are you building on Linux or Windows?
What is the file system you're building on?
gentoo linux, reiser4

OK. I guess reiser4 is case-sensitive, is it not?

The only reason (that I know of) which would make the patch fail is
a case-insensitive file system (such as Windows FAT32).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

Sure, it's case sensitive.

but this does not seem to be a false error , the file does already exist. I have not rerun anything since the run that failed. The error it states is correct. The file exists and has the expected content. Why is the patch being called?

$ ls  boehm-gc/ia64_save_regs_in_stack.S
boehm-gc/ia64_save_regs_in_stack.S

$ cat !$
cat boehm-gc/ia64_save_regs_in_stack.S
        .text
        .align 16
        .global GC_save_regs_in_stack
        .proc GC_save_regs_in_stack
GC_save_regs_in_stack:
        .bodyfoo.mpg
        flushrs
        ;;
        mov r8=ar.bsp
        br.ret.sptk.few rp
        .endp GC_save_regs_in_stack

#ifdef __linux__
        .section .note.GNU-stack,"",@progbits
#endif

Is there a way with ct-ng to remove this patch and rebuild without it being refeched?

Or can you suggest another work around?

Thanks for your help.