ARM with old kernel

Everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble building a toolchain for a system with
an old 2.6.9 kernel:

The script dies in the "Installing C library -> Building C library"
(after the "Installing static core C compiler" step) with the error:
no include path in which to search for limits.h the file
$CT_PREFIX_DIR/arm-unknown-linux-gnu/sys-root/usr/include/limits.h.
It's looking (according to the comments) for GCC limits.h.  Is there
a relatively easy way to do this without hacking code (not that I'm
afraid to, but it's usually a solution of last resort)?  I tried
--with-headers, but that didn't work (configure --help says that is
for linux headers, but I tried anyway).

Any ideas?

Andy Johnson