Re: Advice for AT91SAM9620 sought

El Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 08:25:47AM +0200 Matthias Kaehlcke ha dit:

> El Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 09:35:49AM +0900 Jake Knickerbocker ha dit:
>
> > Matthias Kaehlcke ãããæãããã:
> > > i had a similar (or the same?) problem a while ago, the toolchain
> > > generated code for armv5t, but my cpu was an armv4t.
> > >
> > > martin guy kindly provided a patch that resolved the problem:
> > > http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2008-05/msg00009.html
> > > anyway i attach you a crosstool-ng .config using relativly up to date
> > > components that is working for me. it uses OABI not EABI, but maybe it
> > > can serve you as starting point.
> > >

> > Ah fantastic. Thank you so much. This config worked for me and
> > I was able to do a couple of test compiles that appeared to
> > work just fine. I should have tried for ABI in the first place maybe.
> > Going to give it another shot with EABI today. In which case I will
> > also look at that other patch you posted.
>
> i'm happy that it is working for you
>
> i just found on my harddisk a configuration file for a crosstool-ng
> 1.1.0 based ARM EABI toolchain. iirc i had to apply the patch
> mentioned in the previous mail to make it work

here is the configuration of an ARM EABI toolchain using crosstool-ng
1.2.4. i added martins patch to the corresponding gcc directory before
starting the build. my tests so far include a booting kernel image and
a working busybox

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Engineer

          We can't solve problems by using the same kind
             of thinking we used when we created them
                         (Albert Einstein)
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-