Re: Couldn' build cross compiler: C compiler cannot create

Hello everyone,

I discovered suspicious phenominon.
I do not know whether this phenominon is directly related to my previouly-posted trouble,namely,
configure:2352: error: C compiler cannot create executables

But I am sure this is something bad.
And I do not know what I should do,
so would you please help me ?

At first time,when I originary installed cygwin and ecos,
gnutools' bin directory had been set to
C:\cygwin\opt\ecos\gnutools\sh-elf\bin
and still is what it is.

After that, when I am determined to re-install sh-elf-gcc
I remained that directory(also its's PATH) as it was,because I did not know what I should do about it.
Although,I only changed that directory's sh-elf-as.exe,sh-elf-gcc.exe names respectively into sh-elf-as.exe.prev,sh-elf-gcc.exe.prev
in fear of interferance with building new sh-elf-gcc.

And when "C compiler cannot create executables" error happened, I searched and discovered
the next odd lines in
C:\cygwin\tmp\build\build_gcc\gcc\Makefile

ORIGINAL_LD_FOR_TARGET = /opt/ecos/gnutools/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-ld
ORIGINAL_NM_FOR_TARGET = /opt/ecos/gnutools/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-nm

I thought these should not be /opt/ecos/gnutools/
but point to newly directory /usr/local/sh-elf/.

First I thought this is the cause of trouble,
but I could not find the way to avoid it.
Even if I renamed the \gnutools to \gnutools-old
above two lines pointed /opt/ecos/gnutools/sh-elf/.

So I made a trick.
I renamed the \gnutools to \gnutools-old
then one time I executed to build.
Then when I am encountered error I changed the next two lines
in \tmp\build\build_gcc\gcc\Makefile manually.

From
ORIGINAL_LD_FOR_TARGET = /opt/ecos/gnutools/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-ld
ORIGINAL_NM_FOR_TARGET = /opt/ecos/gnutools/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-nm
ORIGINAL_LD_FOR_TARGET = /usr/local/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-ld
ORIGINAL_NM_FOR_TARGET = /usr/local/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-nm

And executed make only like next.
make clean
make -w all install 2>&1 | tee makegcc.txt

But it resulted in the same error.
configure:2352: error: C compiler cannot create executables

Now I have a hunch that although it resulted in the same error,
in order to newly build sh-elf-gcc I should do with previously installed exec's
directory.
Trouble is I do not know what I should do with it.

Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Masahiro Ariga