Re: 1/2 OT: parallel installation of glibc + uclibc

On Tuesday 20 November 2007, Arno Schuring wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Monday 19 November 2007, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> >> is it possible to have the runtime parts of uclibc together
> >> with another libc (eg. glibc) on one system ?
> >
> > of course
>
> with the added remark that you can have only one ld.so (well,
> technically you can have both, but your binaries won't be universal
> then). I'm not sure which one would be better, but I guess it's the
> dynamic loader from glibc.

i really dont think he was trying to make a "universal" binary.  yes, in the
ELF world, you can only have 1 ldso marked as the interpreter, but you can
have $infinite installed (assuming no file name collisions).

besides, glibc/uclibc are not even close to ABI compatible, so there's no way
you can drop the libraries in place of the other and expect things to work.
-mike