Re: making gcc relocatable->fixed

> no, you moved the wrong libs
You mean when I built it shared I did? Why is this?
The target libs move with the toolchain because their sysrooted into the
exec_path.
Shouldn't the shared libs for the host move with the toolchain just because
their in the prefix?
Is there a way I can fix this from the configure path?

> binutils' shared libs are in host format, not target format ... so they
> need to be in either the RPATH or in ld.so.conf path or $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
I need to be able to move the toolchain around and avoid a root install,  so a
static path in a root permission folder(or anywhere else for that matter) is
not acceptable.

Is compiling non-shared my best option? Do I really gain anything from
compiling shared if only this toolchain uses them?
I've seen some posts saying that shared libs in binutils are not well tested
and I notice crosstool doesn't use them.

thx for all your support,
NZG