that whole "glibc addon options" thing should be cleaned up

  doing my first test this morning to build an SH3eb chain and,
without thinking, i added the following line to my config file

  GLIBC_ADDON_OPTIONS="linuxthreads"

which, naturally, caused the build to crash since, the way
crosstool.sh is coded, if you want to add your own options, you need
to explicitly add the equal sign yourself, as in:

  GLIBC_ADDON_OPTIONS="=linuxthreads"

surely that can cleaned up to not be quite so ... hacky?

rday

p.s.  while we're on the subject of addons, why not just modify
crosstool.sh so that, if you choose not to enable any addons, the
option "--disable-sanity-checks" is added for you.  or something.

given that NPTL should be as easily selectable as linuxthreads, it
seems like it's time to fix this section, no?