RE: change name

On 15 February 2006 05:51, NomadZhaoSZ@viatech.com.cn wrote:

  First of all, I realise I've been very stupid.  NomadZhao, these tools are
binaries distributed under the GPL.  You have a right to get a copy of the
source.

  So the most direct way to find out exactly what they are is to demand a copy
of the source code from the manufacturers.  (If they refuse to supply it they
are breaking the GPL and stealing from the FSF, and the FSF will sue them.
However, until you ask, there is of course no reason to assume that they would
fail to honour their obligations.)  So I suggest you email them and politely
request a copy of the source code; I am sure they will be glad to supply it to
you.

  In any case: we can make some deductions from the output you have shown us.

> When I do
> abc-elf-as --help
> The result is:

>  abc-specific assembler options:
>   -k                      generate PIC code
>   -mabc16                 assemble abc16 code
>   -mabc16-interwork       support abc/abc16 interworking
>   -mcpu=<cpu name>	  assemble for CPU <cpu name>
>   -mfpu=<fpu name>	  assemble for FPU architecture <fpu name>

  Heh.  It's a mono-endian arm embedded-non-linux toolchain then.  Here's what
arm-linux-gas shows for the cpu-specific assembler options, for comparison:

 ARM-specific assembler options:
  -k                      generate PIC code
  -mthumb                 assemble Thumb code
  -mthumb-interwork       support ARM/Thumb interworking
  -moabi                  use old ABI (ELF only)
  -mapcs-32               code uses 32-bit program counter
  -mapcs-26               code uses 26-bit program counter
  -mapcs-float            floating point args are in fp regs
  -mapcs-reentrant        re-entrant code
  -matpcs                 code is ATPCS conformant
  -mbig-endian            assemble for big-endian
  -mlittle-endian         assemble for little-endian
  -mapcs-frame            use frame pointer
  -mapcs-stack-check      use stack size checking
  -mcpu=<cpu name>        assemble for CPU <cpu name>
  -march=<arch name>      assemble for architecture <arch name>
  -mfpu=<fpu name>        assemble for FPU architecture <fpu name>
  -mfloat-abi=<abi>       assemble for floating point ABI <abi>
  -EB                     assemble code for a big-endian cpu
  -EL                     assemble code for a little-endian cpu

  They presumably used a hex-editor to substitute in 'abc' for 'arm' and
'abc16' for 'thumb' since they're the exact same length!

    cheers,
      DaveK