RE: GCC 2.95.2 crosscompile broke under latest Cygwin

Alex Holland wrote:
> Thank you for this informative hypothesis. However, I renamed my current
> cygwin installation and did a completely new install of the latest cygwin
> and native GCC tools with none of my old cygwin tree in my $PATH.
>

 > The cross compiler built, but then bombs when it is used:
>

> powerpc-860-linux-gnu-gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal
> signal
>  11
> make[2]: ***

> Any insights or speculations much appreciated,

  Well, at least it's a different error now :-( but it's going to need some
debugging.  Try running cc1.exe alone on the command line or with simple
options like --help.  Then try feeding it some simple source.  We haven't seen
the actual error message from cc1 itself yet.  Might need to run it under a
debugger or look at the stackdump if there is one to tell what's going on.

    cheers,
      DaveK