Re: looking for toolchain (and more) for TS-7250 ARM SBC

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 08:04:02AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > starting with a stock crosstool-0.38, which script would represent
> > the build for this board?

> "sh demo-arm.sh" should just work.

just for the entertainment value, i patched crosstool-0.38 with my
patches, selected the following:

	gcc-4.0.2
	glibc-2.3.6
	binutils-2.16.1
	linux-libc-headers=2.6.12.0

and just selected to build an "arm-unknown-linux-gnu" and let it go.
the build just finished and apparently compiled the test sources.  so
that's a good sign.

... snip ...

> ARM kernels are very much CPU-specific (and board-specific too) --
> the latest 2.6 kernel comes in 40+ different flavors and colors.
> See for example:
>
> 	http://armlinux.simtec.co.uk/kautobuild/2.6.15-rc6-git4/index.html

not being an ARM weenie, is there a config file that would be
reasonably close to the one i'd need for the aforementioned board?
no, i'm not going to try to download and run it, but i can at least
see if i can cross-compile a 2.6.14 kernel based on that config file.

if i can verify that step, that would at least get me to the point
where i couldn't do any more until i got the board.

thanks for all the advice so far.

rday