Re: for glibc, "--disable-add-ons" generates a weird error

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  in testing my build script to see if it can build a non-thread
toolchain, i added the option "--disable-add-ons" to the glibc
configure step, which generated the amusing error:

configure: error: add-on directory "no" does not exist

is this what's *supposed* to happen?

--disable-XXX is standardly equivalent to --enable-XXX=no in autoconf.

The glibc manual suggests that --disable-add-ons is not supposed to be functional, quote: "If you do not wish to use some add-on package that you have present in your source tree, give this option a list of the add-ons that you /do/ want used".

--
Josh Parsons
Philosophy Department