RE: PATH_MAX and testhello.sh

--- Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.com> wrote:
> This bug (or a very very similar one) used to exist
back in 2.95 days,
> don't say it's back!
>
> And an even easier solution (at least back then) was
simply to create the
> directory $PREFIX/lib/gcc/$TARGET/$VERSION/
directory at the beginning of
> the build process, before running make.

I just backported the gcc 3.4.3 version of the
fix-fixincl.patch patch to gcc 3.4.1 and rebuilt
crosstool from scratch.  It fixed the problem.  Dan's
comments in the gcc 3.4.3 version of the patch say
that $PREFIX/lib is the directory that would need to
exist beforehand for the build process to work (in
lieu of the patch).

The gcc 3.4.3 version of the patch applies to gcc
3.4.1 sources, with a comment about the second hunk
applying 17 lines earlier.  I have rediffed to create
a "clean" patch for gcc 3.4.1 in case it is desired.
Now, the question is what to do about all this?
Should we put the fix-fixincl.patch in with the rest
of the gcc 3.4.1 patches (and presumably gcc 3.4.2 as
well)?

Ron